Honorary clinical placements
We offer honorary clinical placements to trainees from Psychoanalytic/Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy courses, and those from Integrative courses (Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology) with a strong interest in Psychoanalysis/Psychodynamic therapies.
About the application
The application pack consists of the following documents:
Each application will be considered on an individual basis, our selection will focus on:
- Your attendance at a recognised clinical training in Counselling, Counselling Psychology, Psychotherapy, or Psychoanalysis.
- Your self-development and level of self-awareness through your own personal therapy and training.
- Some experience of one to one counselling work with clients in an organisational setting or other relevant experience.
What we ask for
- Minimum two year commitment for clinical work
- Holding a case load of a minimum of 3 clients per year
- Regular attendance to HCC supervision and additional supervision through your course or privately
- Commitment to your own personal and professional development
- Attending HCC activities, e.g. quarterly team meetings, in-house clinical seminars, and annual Away Day
- Maintaining professional conduct in all your dealings with HCC clients and staff
What we offer
- A conducive environment that will support you in your learning and development as a psychotherapist
- An opportunity to practice in a psychoanalytically informed service, working with clients on longer-term contracts of one year (with possibility to extend in some cases)
- High-quality group supervision by experienced Psychodynamic Psychotherapists and Psychoanalysts. Supervision takes place every fortnight and there are up to four trainees in each group
- An opportunity to get involved with activities in the other Strides projects and events in the wider organisation
When can you apply
Our recruitment is open throughout the year. If we don’t have vacancies at the time we receive your application, we will keep your details on file and consider your application when we next have a vacancy.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications and are unfortunately unable to reply to each unsuccessful applicant. We will acknowledge receipt of your application but will only contact applicants selected for interview.